Rome, August 8, 2014 – The European Olympic Committee has issued the list of the 8 commissions
in charge of helping the association until 2017.
Many candidatures had been received from all 49 National
Olympic Committees and it was a tough work to choose among such experienced and
good will candidates, ensuring balanced representation and expertise.
The 8 EOC commissions are as follows:
Games Commission - Chair: Mr. George KATuLIN Secretary General (BLR)
Marketing and Communication Commission - Chair: Mr. Peter
Mennel Secretary General (AUT)
- EYOF Commission - Chair: Mr. Victor Sanchez Secretary
- EU Commission - Chair: Mr. Neinar Seli President (EST)
- Environment & Sport for All Commission - Chair: Mr.
William O'Brien, Vice President (IRL
- Olympic Culture and Legacy Commission - Chair: Ms.
Susanna Rahkamo, Vice President (FIN)
- Medical and Antidoping Commission - Chair: Mr. Klaus Steinbach,
EOC Chief Medical Officer (GER)
- Gender Equality in Sport Commission - Chair: Ms. Daina Gudzineviciute,
Patrick Hickey said: " We want to congratulate all those
appointed to Commissions and look forward to benefitting from the fruits of
Raffaele Pagnozzi added " The chairs of the commissions
will be contacting their fellow members in due course so as to arrange a
meeting of their commission. The secretariat in Rome will collect and provide
all contact details related to the commission members."
The full list will be soon available on the EOC official