Do you know what European Games, European Youth Olympic Festivals and Games of the Small States of Europe are?
A lot of people work behind the scenes to create the greatest European sporting celebration on earth and much more.
The EOC Sports Director must be a motivated professional who can lead successful sports programmes for the EOC sports properties, namely:
- The European Games
- The European Youth Olympic Festivals - Summer and Winter edition
- The Games of the Small States of Europe
The candidate must have a professional background and experience in sports planning and the management of multisport events
He/she will need to support the work of the Organising Committees, so as to ensure the best possible staging of the events, under the guidance and leadership of the EOC Officers.
He/she should carry out host city inspections and monitor preparations across the different phases of the organisation of the event, ensuring full compliance with the Host City Contract, and assisting the Organising Committees.
He/she must have good leadership skills, so as to manage and work with staff, and must at all times keep the Officers of the EOC fully informed.
The job requires close relationships and strategic alliances with a variety of stakeholders, including the NOCs of Europe, International and European Federations, as well as sponsors.
- Ensure the respect of Host City Contracts
- Oversee operations for all EOC sports properties
- Monitor the work of the Organising Committees
- Maintain on-going communication with the EOC Secretary General and team members
- Provide leadership and vision in the improvement and development of existing and new innovative sports
- Propose strategies for new and existing sports programmes
- Propose the annual event-related department budget; manage and implement the approved budget
- High School Certificate, Degree or Masters
- Experience in sports management and/or in coordinating sports programmes in international multisport events (more than 10 years)
- At least excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and eventual other languages
- Ability to make oral presentations, lead and organize large meetings
- Interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Resident in Rome, or ready to take up residence in Rome
Place of work:
The EOC Sports Director will be based at the EOC Head Office in Rome, and must be prepared to travel according to need.
The EOC offers an open-ended Italian employment contract subject to a trial period to be agreed.
Interested parties should send their CV and any other documentation they may consider relevant to:
The deadline is 31st October 2018