NAMES OF THE YOUNG ATHLETES RUNNING FOR WINTER NUROWSKI PRIZE UNVEILED
3 April 2019
The names of the aspiring best European Young Athletes running for the 4th Winter Piotr Nurowski Prize have been unveiled.
This year, the challenge is fairly gender balanced, with 7 male and 6 female nominations:
- AUSTRIA Ms Magdalena EGGER (22.01.2002), Alpine Skiing
- CZECH REPUBLIC Mr Jan BEDNAR (26.08.2002), Ice Hockey
- FINLAND Ms Elisa HOLOPAINEN (12.2001), Ice Hockey
- FRANCE Mr. Florian PEREZ (10.01.2001), Ski Cross Country
- GERMANY Ms Annika Sophie MORGAN (12.02.2002), Snowboard
- GREAT BRITAIN Mr Hamish Bruce GALLACHER (07/07/2002), Curling
- HUNGARY Mr Attila TALABOS (01.2002), Short Track
- ITALY Mr Daniel GRASSL (04.04.2002), Figure Skating
- LITHUANIA Mr Motiejus MORAUSKAS (04.2002), Snowboard
- POLAND Ms Monika SKINDER (19.11.2001), Ski Cross Country
- RUSSIAN FEDERATION Ms Alexandra TRUSOVA (23.06.2004), Figure Skating
- SLOVAKIA Ms Petra RUSNAKOVA (01.2002), Short Track
- TURKEY Mr Furkan AKAR (03.2002), Short Track
From that longlist, the 50 National Olympic Committees of Europe will select 5 names. Nominations must be sent to EOC within the deadline, Monday 15 April 2019.
A shortlist of 5 candidates will then be presented to the 40th EOC Seminar in Vienna, where the ENOCs will vote their preferred athlete. All five finalists will be awarded with a financial support for training and educational purposes. The winning athlete will receive an amount of €15,000, while the second and third-place finishers will secure €8,000 and €5,000 respectively. The fourth and fifth place athletes, meanwhile, both will receive €3,000.