EOC announces finalists of 7th Winter Edition of the Piotr Nurowski Prize
The European Olympic Committees (EOC) is delighted to announce the five finalists of the 7th Winter Edition of the Piotr Nurowski Prize (PNP) for the Best European Young Athlete.
Of the five finalists, three were chosen by the European NOCs and two were nominated by the EOC panel of experts (EOC President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary General, Sports Director and Chair of the EOC Athletes’ Commission).
The five deserving finalists are:
- Ms Victoria OLIVIER (AUT) – Alpine Skiing
- Won two gold medals in the girls’ parallel slalom and mixed team slalom and a bronze medal in the girls’ slalom at the Winter EYOF Vuokatti The Austrian also won silver and bronze medals at the World Junior Championships 2022.
- Ms Nika PREVC (SLO) – Ski Jumping
- Won gold in both the individual and mixed team ski jump at EYOF Vuokatti 2022. She also won gold in the individual team event at this year’s World Junior Championships as well as silver in the mixed team. During the World Cup 2021/22 season she secured a top 10 finish with seventh place at Ljubno ob Savinji.
- Mr Lorenzo PREVITALI (ITA) – Short track
- Won gold in the 1000m at the EYOF Vuokatti 2022 as well as three silver medals in the 1500m, 500m and mixed relay. He secured gold in the mixed relay at the World Junior Championships and came second in the overall junior challenge at 2022 Star Class
- Mr Juraj SLAFKOVSKY (SVK) – Ice Hockey
- Won bronze at the Olympic Games Beijing 2022 and was awarded the men’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the Games. He was selected for the Beijing 2022 All-Star team and scored the most goals and most points.
- Mr Leon ULBRICHT (GER) – Snowboard
- Won gold at the World Junior Championships 2022. He also won a gold and bronze at this year’s Europa Cup and a bronze at the FIS Junior.
The winner of the 7th Winter Edition of the Piotr Nurowski Prize will be voted for during the 51st EOC General Assembly in Skopje (MKD) on 10 June 2022. The Award Ceremony will be held in the evening on the same day. All five finalists will be invited to Skopje.