EOC ready for 3-day visit to 2023 European Games host Krakow and Małopolska
A delegation from the European Olympic Committees (EOC) begins a three-day visit to Poland today to discuss preparations for the 3rd edition of the European Games, which will take place in Krakow and the Małopolska Region in 2023.
The EOC delegation, led by EOC Acting President Niels Nygaard and Secretary General Raffaele Pagnozzi, will begin its site visit in Warsaw, where meetings are scheduled with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Development Jadwiga Emilewicz; Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State Assets Jacek Sasin; and Minister of Sport Danuta Dmowska-Andrzejuk.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, the EOC representatives will visit Krakow and the Małopolska Region for site visits of venues proposed for the European Games 2023, including the Central Sport Centre – Olympic Preparation Centre in Zakopane, and the Kolna venue, Tauron Arena and ICE Krakow Congress Centre in Krakow.
There they will also meet with Marshal of the Małopolska Region Witold Kozłowski before concluding the visit over lunch with the Mayor of the City of Krakow, Prof. Jacek Majchrowski.
“We are very much looking forward to visiting the home of the 3rd European Games next week,” said Acting President Nygaard. “We know that our Polish friends have been making good progress already in preparing for the event, which will be used as a springboard for our continent’s best athletes en route to the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. These talks will lay the groundwork for what we are confident will be another successful European Games in three years’ time.”
The full list of EOC and Polish National Olympic Committee representatives is as follows:
EOC Delegation Members:
- Mr Niels NYGAARD, EOC Acting President and NOC of Denmark President
- Mr Zlatko MATESA, EOC Executive Committee Member, NOC of Croatia President and Vice Chair of the Coordination Commission for the 3rd European Games Krakow and Malopolska 2023
- Mr Peter MENNEL, EOC Acting Treasurer NOC of Austria Secretary General
- Mr Raffaele PAGNOZZI, EOC Secretary General
- Mr Hasan ARAT*, EOC Executive Committee Member, Chair of the Coordination Commission for the 3rd European Games Krakow and Malopolska 2023
- Mr Jozef LIBA, EOC Executive Committee Member, NOC of Slovakia Secretary General and Vice Chair of the Coordination Commission for the 3rd European Games Krakow and Malopolska 2023
- Mr Peter BRULL, EOC Sports Director
- Mr Steve SCOTT, European Games Liaison Officer
Polish Olympic Committee Representatives:
- Mr Andrzej KRAŚNICKI, EOC Executive Committee Member, NOC of Poland President
- Mr Tomasz PORĘBA, NOC of Poland Vice President
- Mr Adam KRZESIŃSKI, NOC of Poland Secretary General
- Ms Iwona ŁOTYSZ, NOC of Poland Deputy Secretary General
*unable to attend due to travel restrictions.